Have you ever heard someone refer to someone else crying “crocodile tears?” The phrase is often used to refer to a false or insincere display of emotion such as a deceiver crying false tears of grief. The expression comes from an ancient anecdote that held that crocodiles weep in order to lure their prey, or that they cry for the victims they are eating. It was made popular by Shakespeare as he used in three of his plays, “Othello,” “Henry VI,” and “Antony and Cleopatra.” And, it still remains popular today. But, do crocodiles actually cry for the victims that they are eating? Or is this phrase a double deception? The proverbial weeping crocodile is a deception, but so is the notion that a crocodile cries. Were we being led to believe something about crocodiles that is actually false? While, I doubt a crocodile ever wept for his victim, we can learn from what we do know about how they actually kill their victims. In fact, if we listen proverbially, we might even see through a more modern deception regarding crocodiles and clarify something about our own origins in the process.
In May of this year, a breakthrough article was published in “LiveScience.” The purpose of the article was to publish proof that an ancient crocodile subspecies actually killed other dinosaurs with death rolls similar to modern day crocodiles. But there was also a hidden agenda that was not as directly declared. These ancient crocodiles ranged in size up to 43 feet long and are estimated to exceed 22,000 pounds in weight. The three most prominent in fossil remains have been named Sarcosuchus, Deinosuchus and Purussaurus. The evidence published in this particular article was conclusive regarding bite marks found on the likes of a Tyrannosaurus Rex that matched that of the crocodile, Deinosuchus. Researchers suggested that, like modern crocodiles, these ancient crocodiles might have followed such bites with death rolls to finish off their prey. This is a brilliant and thought-provoking discovery. But, doesn’t such a discovery beg more questions that they refused to answer? Do you see any obvious flaws in this evolutionary narrative? What did the untouchable preachers of science-as-a-religion just admit?
In order to display what they unwittingly admitted, let’s walk through the narrative and fill in some gaps so that we can attempt to follow it from start to finish:
- From zero life forms, over billions of years, all life forms evolved until dinosaurs finally arrived on the scene approximately 233 million years ago. Therefore, it took billions of years for dinosaurs to ultimately evolve (albeit statistically improbable).
- A large crocodile species (Deinosuchus) roamed the earth along with the Tyrranosaurus Rex up until approximately 67 million years ago, when they were both made extinct.
- What made them extinct was a giant meteor (approximately 67 million years ago) that struck the Yucatan Peninsula leaving a crater known as Chixculub. This meteor had the impact of killing off all dinosaurs (and likely all other life in the process).
- Since today (67 million years later) we still have crocodiles, apparently what took billions of years to improbably evolve before the meteor, now improbably evolved again producing near identical species to those which existed before the meteor (intact with identical killing techniques). A billions-of-years process that is virtually impossible statistically, now took only 67 million years and with a randomly generated identical result. Let’s pause here. We are led to believe that evolution required billions of years. But, according to their preachings, without confessing their error, it only took 67 million years the second time around.
- Since evolutionary science must hold to the deception that man emerged only 200,000 years ago (in spite of evidence to the contrary), they must claim that man never existed alongside of dinosaurs (contrary to both experience and fossil evidence).
- Therefore, we can’t call modern crocodiles dinosaurs even though they are. And, therefore, we must ignore the logical impossibilities of all of the above in order for the narrative to hold that crocodiles were made extinct 67 million years ago even though they are alive today.
Are you truly going to believe this nonsense? Why would any critical thinking human swallow a narrative that does not rise to the level of simple logic? Isn’t it possible that we have crocodile bite marks on a Tyrannosaurus Rex because that meteor did not kill off all dinosaurs, especially crocodiles? Isn’t it possible that we have crocodiles today because some dinosaurs survived the meteor event? Isn’t it possible that the event was not as long ago as is being claimed? Isn’t it possible that the event took place several thousand years ago? Isn’t it possible that the meteor was not near as devastating as they are leading us to believe? Isn’t such an event consistent with narratives from varied people groups across the world, who also survived the event? Isn’t it possible (even likely) that the evolutionary narrative is centrally false? Shouldn’t we start critically examining the claims that are being made instead of blindly swallowing what the majority claims is true (but without adequate evidence)? Shouldn’t the explicit lack of logic cause everyone to denounce this narrative? Shouldn’t the benefit of the doubt be awarded to all other plausible theories and not just the one that they want us to believe? Is this not the worst display of blinding dogma?
2 Timothy 4:3-5 says, “For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” We are seeing this fulfilled before our very eyes, and sadly even in the Church. However, Church aside, there are obvious reasons why this evolutionary dogma is preached from the pulpits of university lecterns as scientific fact. This is not the practice of science. This is the disgusting practice of blinding religion.
Christian, listen to the crocodile and ignore deceptions regarding his tears. If crocodiles are crying, it is in the sense of the word that they are crying out, not weeping. The bones of extinct subspecies are screaming for us to open our eyes. Listen to what the ancient crocodile evidence says. Listen to what his ancient teeth marks declare. Listen to what your eyes tell you when you see today’s crocodile as a near identical form of his ancient cousin. After all, you can learn something when you listen to crocodiles. Be encouraged that what you believe fits with the facts. Be encouraged that the Bible, wherein lies the Gospel that is our hope, provides a more logical narrative than what the "experts" are crying. The cries that should be ignored are not the fictional cries of anecdotal crocodiles, but are those that are truly meant to deceive.
You can follow me, @ReasonIfYouWill, on Twitter.